The days of “easy water” are over. Water supply has become a challenging resource to develop and manage. All types of issues surround its development - from competing interests to pollutants (natural and manmade) to physical limitations or geopolitical constraints.
We at Terran have been assisting our clients for over thirty years navigating the various problems that involve the design and implementation of Public Water System (PWS) resources. Whether large municipal entities (Community Water Systems) or small-town operations (Transient Non-Community Water Systems), Terran has successfully assisted our clients in all phases of developing and managing drinking water for their community populations.
Site investigation for new PWS production well site.
Constant rate test for new PWS well.
Well construction for a new county PWS well designed by Terran.
The final phases of construction for a new county PWS well.
Examples of the water resource services offered by Terran Corporation are outlined below.
Well & Wellfield Design
- Production Estimates & Prospect Studies
- Well screen & casing design
- Wellfield siting/layout design
- Turnkey appurtenance and infrastructure design (pumps, raw water lines & electrical service)
- Well refurbishment (modernization) and/or abandonment
- Site selection & acceptance
- Permits and plans
- Floodplain siting management
- Contaminate abatement
- Source water plans
- Hydrogeologic Investigations
- Source water studies
- Sustainability assessments
- Withdrawal Impact studies
- Water quality assessments
- Thermometry studies
- Sentient monitoring (level and quality)
- Aquifer testing (step test and constant rate tests)
- Groundwater monitoring
- Golf Course Water Resource Development
- Computer Modeling (advective and fate & transport)
- Expert Witness Services
Construction Management Services
- Bid Documentation/Specification Development
- Construction plans (soil/frac-out/storm water, etc.)
- Field Inspection Services
- “As built” documentation